As a mom and Girl Scout troop leader, encouraging being outdoors is one of the most important things I do. Seeing my kids connect with nature is so rewarding to me. Today we are surrounded by so much technology and we rely on it for nearly everything. It’s easy to forget the list of basic necessities in life doesn’t include smartphones or tablets. What sustained us before we ever had access to electronics was nature!
When I was a kid, we gazed at the moon, we basked in the sun, we stuck our feet and hands in the dirt and sand, we swam in the ocean, and we climbed trees. Remember those days? Remember only going indoors when the streetlights are on?
Being responsible for children is a constant reminder to focus on basic things that are important. Electronics are convenient, but there is so much for kids to learn just being outside and there is no better time to disconnect from all the fancy entrapments at our disposal than play time.
I love to unplug and go outside with my kids. From fishing in a pond, running through the grass, to feeding ducks in our local lakes, we do it all.
I would like to encourage all parents to de-stress and enjoy the environment with activities such as gardening while spending important bonding time with their children.
Check out Abby’s Fairy Garden Teaser Video here, and be sure to tune to HBO with your kids to watch their favorite characters on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT.
Enter my Sesame Street Spring GIVEAWAY
(Promotion giveaway ends on March 30, 2016)
One winner will receive a Sesame Street Spring Prize Pack: planter set and herb kit.
Mandatory Entry Options:
- Use the Twitter button to retweet this giveaway post (using #SesameStreetonHBO)
- Leave a comment on this blog post about unplugging and going outside with kids.
*Please note that prize fulfillment typically takes 4-6 weeks from the end of the campaign.
Additional HBO Sesame Street Background Information
- Emmy Award-winning Sesame Street and HBO have joined forces to air all new episodes as well as classic episodes from the last five seasons of the iconic series on HBO and HBO Latino.
- The new season of Sesame Street airs on Saturdays at 9 a.m. It also airs in Spanish on HBO Latino at that time.
- Current and past Sesame Street seasons will also air daily on HBO Family at 8 a.m., while the last five seasons will be available to stream on HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO On Demand.
- The new season will also include Sesame Street’s usual line-up of celeb guest stars including: Gwen Stefani, Ne-Yo, Pharrell Williams, Gina Rodriguez, and Lupita Wyong’o.